At San Marco Animal Hospital, our veterinarian professional, Dr. Venkat Gutta, is a dedicated professional ensuring pets in the community nearby Springfield, Riverside, Avondale, San Marco, Mandarin and Jacksonville, FL has comprehensive services offered by a trained and experienced team of professionals. Pet parents who want the best care for their furry family members are welcome to contact our practice to learn about all we have to offer for dogs and cats in the community.
Services offered by our vet
San Marco Animal Hospital offers a wide range of services for pets nearby the Springfield area, including:
- Emergency and Critical Care – when the unexpected occurs, it is important to have a team of veterinarians that can be by your side to assist. Emergency and critical care appointments can be made on the spot with a phone call, and we will see your pet as soon as possible to provide the best treatment available for their specific and immediate needs.
- Wellness Plans – the best care for your pet is preventative care. By giving your pet the right diet and by maintaining routine annual visits to our practice, pets will live longer and enjoy a better quality of life. We can develop a wellness plan for your pet to ensure their optimum health and wellness.
- Spaying and neutering – it is important for pet parents to take note of the pet population problem in the area of Florida and ensure their pet is spayed or neutered to reduce the risk of adding more puppies or kittens to the community. Spaying and neutering is not only affordable and highly recommended to reduce pregnancies, but it can also have several health and behavioral benefits for dogs and cats.
- Teeth cleaning – many pet parents don’t think about the dental health of their furry companions. At San Marco Animal Hospital, we provide teeth cleaning services. While we do recommend pet parents provide dental care at home, we also offer services where the pet can be put under with general anesthetics to receive thorough, precise dental care for their entire mouth. These treatments can also help for clients who have bad breath or are struggling with the possibility of tooth loss due to periodontal disease.
- End of life care/euthanasia – we understand how difficult of a decision it can be to euthanize your pet, but sometimes it is also the most humane solution to a pet dealing with a life of pain and discomfort. We offer end of life care including euthanasia and proper medications to keep your pet comfortable in their last days.
- In-house diagnostics for pets – pets with medical conditions need to obtain a proper diagnosis in order to receive proper treatment. We offer all the diagnostic tools necessary to evaluate your pet’s health including x-rays and ultrasounds.
- Microchipping – for pet parents worried about their pet wandering or getting lost in the neighborhood, we highly recommend microchipping. A special chip is placed under the skin that can be used to identify a lost dog or cat that may be found in the city. This greatly increases the chance of your pet being returned to you in case they escape from the yard or home unexpectedly.
- Puppy and kitten care – taking great care in giving your pet the best start is essential for lifelong companionship. As soon as you meet your new family member, we recommend bringing your puppy or kitten into our practice for their first evaluation and for necessary inoculations.
- Vaccinations – vaccinations are essential for overall pet health, and need to be administered on a regular basis to keep your pet free from preventable diseases and medical conditions.
Find out more about the services we provide for new and existing pet clients
Dr. Venkat Gutta and the team at San Marco Animal Hospital are excited to offer a number of different services for pet parents to consider for their furry loved ones! We encourage clients nearby the areas of Springfield and Jacksonville, FL to speak to our team and develop a preventative care plan for your pooch or discuss the medical needs of your friendly feline! We are located at 1546 San Marco Boulevard in Jacksonville, FL and can be reached for an appointment by calling 904-516-9767.