Emergency and Critical Care
Jacksonville veterinary practice provides emergency and critical care
Our team at San Marco Animal Hospital genuinely enjoys seeing you and your pet. Like you, we’d rather that visit occur during a non-emergent, wellness exam. However, even conscientious pet owners can wind up facing urgent situations. The good news is you don’t have to face it alone. The team at San Marco Animal Hospital is here to help with emergency and critical care.
Our team is experienced in handling trauma, illness, toxic ingestions, and many other urgent situations. If you are experiencing a pet emergency, please call our office on your way to the clinic at 904-399-5557 to let us know you are on your way.
- We provide immediate care and advice.
- Your pet is seen promptly.
- We are open seven days a week.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
- We offer in-house lab services for fast diagnosis.
- We accept transfers from overnight emergency facilities, providing continued observation and treatment.
- No extra fee for clients who need emergency care on weekends.
- We offer military discounts.
- We strive to keep critical care services affordable, accepting cash, all major credit cards, and CareCredit treatment financing.
Minimizing the risk of pet emergencies
While this website contains educational material for pet owners, it is not a substitute for first-hand medical advice from a trained veterinary professional following physical examination of your pet. However, the following information may help you avoid a dangerous circumstance for your pet.
- Secure prescription and over the counter medications in drawers or behind doors.
- Separate pets from dangerous foods, cleaning products, insecticides, and plants.
- Keep dogs leashed and cats indoors or in an outdoor enclosure to avoid vehicle accidents.
- Never transport animals loose in the bed of a pickup truck.
- Learn body language warning signs of animal aggression to minimize the chance of escalation to a fight.
- Prevent heatstroke– Do not leave pets in the car, even on “warmish” days. Curtail midday activity, and ensure plenty of fresh, cool drinking water.
- Have pets neutered to reduce the tendency and urge to roam.
- Microchip your dog or cat.
Call us at 904-516-9767 to become a San Marco Animal Hospital client for emergency and critical care when you need it most in Jacksonville, FL.