Emergency and Critical Care
Jacksonville veterinary practice provides emergency and critical care
Our team at San Marco Animal Hospital genuinely enjoys seeing you and your pet. Like you, he’d rather that occur during non-emergency wellness exams. However, even conscientious pet owners face urgent situations. Pet people in the Avondale 32205, First Coast, Jacksonville downtown (32202 and 32207), Riverside 32204, San Marco, and Springfield 32206 area don’t have to face it alone. The team at San Marco Animal Hospital is here to help with emergency and critical care.
Our team is experienced in handling trauma, illness, poisoning, and many other urgent situations. If you are experiencing a pet emergency, please call our office at 904-516-9767.
- Immediate calming advice.
- Your pet is seen promptly. We are open seven days a week.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
- In-house lab services facilitate fast diagnosis.
- We accept transfers from overnight emergency facilities, providing continued observation and treatment.
- No extra fee for patients who need emergency care on weekends.
- We offer military discounts.
- We strive to keep critical care services affordable, accepting cash, check, all major credit cards, and CareCredit treatment financing.
Minimizing risk of pet emergencies
While this website contains educational material for pet owners, it is not a substitute for first-hand medical advice from a trained veterinary professional. However, the following information may help you avoid a dangerous circumstance for your pet.
- Secure prescription and over the counter medications “in drawers or behind doors.”
- Separate pets from dangerous foods, cleaning products, insecticides, and plants.
- Keep dogs leashed and cats indoors or in an outdoor enclosure to avoid vehicle accidents.
- Never transport animals loose in the bed of a pickup truck.
- Learn body language warning signs of animal aggression, to minimize chance of escalation to a fight.
- Prevent heatstroke. Do not leave pets in the car, even on “warmish” days. Curtail midday activity, and ensure plenty of fresh, cool drinking water.
- Have pets neutered to reduce tendency to roam.
- Microchip your dog or cat.
Become a San Marco Animal Hospital client now, for emergency and critical care when you need it most. In Jacksonville, call 904-516-9767.