Our veterinary practice provides emergency and critical care
Our team enjoys seeing you and your pet. But, like you, we’d rather see your pet during non-emergent situation. However, even conscientious pet owners can face urgent situations with their pets. San Maco Animal Hospital is here to help with any emergency and critical care for your pet.
Our highly trained team is experienced in handling trauma, illness, toxic ingestions, and various other emergencies. If your pet has an emergency, call our office at 904-516-9767 to let us know you are on your way.
- We provide immediate care and advice.
- Your pet is seen promptly.
- We are open seven days a week.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
- We offer in-house lab services for fast diagnosis.
- We accept transfers from overnight emergency facilities, providing continued observation and treatment.
- No extra fee for clients who need emergency care on weekends.
- We offer military discounts.
- We strive to keep critical care services affordable, accepting cash, all major credit cards, and CareCredit treatment financing.
Minimizing the risk of pet emergencies
While this website contains educational material for pet owners, it is not a substitute for one of our highly-trained veterinary professional’s physical examinations of your pet. However, the following information may help you avoid a dangerous circumstance for your pet.
- Keep prescription and over-the-counter medications away from pets.
- Keep dangerous foods, cleaning products, insecticides, and plants away from pets.
- Keep dogs leashed and cats indoors or in an outdoor enclosure to avoid vehicle accidents.
- Never transport animals loose in the bed of a pickup truck.
- Learn body language warning signs of animal aggression to minimize the chance of escalation to a fight.
- Prevent heatstroke– Do not leave pets in the car, even on “warmish” days. Curtail midday activity, and ensure plenty of fresh, cool drinking water.
- Have pets neutered to reduce the tendency and urge to roam.
- Microchip your dog or cat.
Call us at 904-516-9767 to become a San Marco Animal Hospital client for emergency and critical care when you need it most in Jacksonville, FL.
Dr. Venkat Gutta
San Marco Animal Hospital
Dr. Venkat Gutta moved to the US almost two decades ago to further his passion for veterinary science. Having earned a Master's Degree in Animal Science in Georgia and having completed the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam, he completed clinical rotations at the Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Gutta then received his license to practice in Florida. For over a decade, he served as an associate veterinarian at the Banfield Pet Hospital. He benefitted from a great amount of exposure and experience, especially in high-quality veterinary medicine and surgeries for soft tissue injuries. To date, Dr. Gutta strives to be approachable to his clients and ensure that they have complete awareness and understanding of the health issues that are faced by their furry friends. His special interests lie in skin issues, behavioral problems, senior pet wellness, nutritional counseling, preventive care, and wellness examinations, particularly relevant to canine and feline medicine. Today Dr. Gutta continues to keep himself updated about modern advances in veterinary science through his memberships in the Jacksonville Veterinary Medical Society and American Veterinary Medical Association.