Puppy and Kitten Care
Puppy and kitten care starts in Jacksonville
Congratulations on adding a new member to your family! Whether you are a first-time pet owner, or experienced in puppy and kitten care, we can help. Our Veterinary doctors and staff love helping clients in the Jacksonville downtown (32202 and 32207), Avondale 32205, First Coast, Riverside 32204, Springfield 32206, and San Marco area get little ones started on a path to lifetime wellness.
Free first visit
Your newly-adopted puppy or kitten gets an initial “nose to tail” exam, on us. Just print the coupon from our welcome page and bring it along to your appointment. Please also bring any documentation you may have received about your new pet.
Schedule this visit as soon as possible to:
- Introduce your pet to the clinic staff and environment in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Get early diagnosis of illness, abnormality, or congenital problems.
- Put your mind at ease about exposing your family, household, and existing pets to a new animal.
- Design a vaccination schedule for your puppy or kitten.
- Begin a parasite control program to avoid problems. The first flea treatment or dose of heartworm prevention is also free!
A big part of puppy and kitten care is understanding the challenges of nutrition, prevention, wellness, and training. We take that responsibility seriously, educating pet owners and answering their questions.
For example, did you know:
- Kittens are born with sealed ears and eyes.
- They spend several weeks solely sleeping and nursing.
- Kittens learn through play – climbing, communicating, and stalking.
- Peak interaction with other kittens occurs at three to four months.
- When puppies come into the world, they are deaf, blind, and toothless.
- A puppy needs to sleep about 14 hours a day.
- About ten percent of puppy’s day is spent eating.
- More than five million puppies are born each year in the United States. Many are unwanted. Please spay, neuter, and adopt!
There is so much to learn and love about a new puppy or kitten. Begin with professional care at San Marco Animal Hospital in Jacksonville, FL – 904-399-5557.