Puppy and Kitten Care
Puppy and kitten care starts right here
Congratulations on adding a new member to your family! Whether you are a first-time pet owner or experienced in puppy and kitten care, we can help. Our veterinary doctors and staff love assisting clients from all over downtown Jacksonville, to get your furry little ones started on a path to lifetime wellness.
Free first visit for New Clients!
Your newly-adopted puppy or kitten gets an initial “nose to tail” exam on us. Just print the coupon off this website and bring it along to your appointment. Please also bring any documentation/medical records you may have received about your new pet.
Schedule this visit as soon as possible to:
- Introduce your pet to the clinic staff and environment in a relaxed atmosphere
- Get an early diagnosis of illness, abnormality, or congenital problems
- Put your mind at ease about exposing your family, household, and existing pets to a new animal
- Design a vaccination schedule for your puppy or kitten
- Begin a parasite control program to ensure your pet doesn’t pick up any unwanted parasites
A big part of puppy and kitten care is understanding the challenges of nutrition, prevention, wellness, and training. We take that responsibility seriously, educating pet owners and answering their questions.
For example, did you know:
- Kittens learn through play – climbing, communicating, and stalking.
- Peak interaction with other kittens occurs at 3-4 months.
- About ten percent of a puppy’s day is spent eating.
- More than five million puppies are born each year in the United States. Many are unwanted. Please spay, neuter, and adopt!
There is so much to learn and love about a new puppy or kitten. Begin with professional care by calling us at 904-516-9767.