Where Can I Find a Vet for a Check-up or Routine Pet Exam in Jacksonville, FL?
The professional veterinarians at San Marco Animal Hospital in Jacksonville, FL, have years of experience working with pets of all species, ages, and sizes. Our experts are available for regular check-ups, routine exams, shots, flea/tick treatment, and numerous other services. Call today to find out how they can help you. They cannot wait to meet you and your pet.
What Does a Check-up or Routine Exam for my dog or cat Involve?
We at San Marco Animal Hospital take the health of your pet very seriously. Prevention is the best treatment method, and regular check-ups are an easy way to monitor your pet’s health and stop issues before they advance. Routine exams are also a way to keep pet care costs low, making sure your pets receive treatment for problems early on rather than later when treatment could be more complicated or protracted.
Standard check-up visits include a physical exam of your pet and may also include:
- Spay/Neutering: This reliable preventative measure helps with “population control” and can prevent more advanced medical conditions like prostate enlargement, mammary gland cancers, and uterine infections.
- Vaccinations: Improving your pet’s immune system can reduce the frequency and severity of illness.
- Routine blood work: Monitor your pet’s health with routine blood work, checking for any abnormalities that may signal a potential or underlying issue.
- Ear Cleaning: We will remove dirt and debris from your pet’s ear canal, preventing infections, increasing their comfort, and checking for polyps and other issues.
- Microchipping: These electronic identifiers can prevent your pet from getting lost.
- Nail clipping or grinding: Protect your skin, furniture, and floors by having your pet’s nails painlessly dulled.
- Anal sac expression: Regular anal sac expression can prevent these temperamental glands from becoming infected, impacted, or ruptured.
- Parasite testing: A wide range of parasites can carry severe disease and can even be spread to humans. Regular parasite testing allows us to treat infestation before it progresses.
- Heartworm testing: Preventing heartworms is easy and affordable, but treating infection can be costly. Regular heartworm testing helps keep your pet healthy and your vet costs low.
- Dental cleaning – Regularly polishing your pet’s teeth helps keep their gums healthy and comfortable. It can also allow us to catch any developing issues before they worsen.