pet parents in Jacksonville, FL interested in quality care for their cats and dogs are welcome to book a consultation appointment with our veterinary team at San Marco Animal Hospital. Pet parents often visit our vet practice to learn about some of the top procedures and services that are available for their furry friends as preventive or proactive care.
Top procedures and services
Below is a short list of some of the most common procedures and treatments that are requested at our practice for dogs and cats:
- Vaccinations – one of the easiest and most affordable ways of keeping a dog or cat healthy is to be proactive about obtaining necessary vaccinations. We can explain the vaccinations needed to keep pets healthier longer!
- Spay and neuter – the pet population can be easily controlled when responsible pet owners decide to spay or neuter their cat or dog. This is incredibly important and can also reduce risks of other health concerns down the road.
- Dental cleanings – a common complaint from dog owners is bad breath, which can often be prevented with regular dental cleanings. Dental cleanings can be done daily at home, or in our office under general anesthesia for deep treatments.
- Routine checkups – scheduling your pet for an annual examination is a great way to ensure your pet is growing and staying healthy. Routine checkups include a full physical examination and a review of any medications or conditions your pet may be dealing with on a regular basis.
- Surgical procedures – when the need for surgery arises, our team is here to assist! We offer surgical procedures right in our practice by our team of professionals.
- Skin cases – is your pet scratching or biting at their fur? They may have an allergy or other skin condition that needs attention to improve their overall quality of life. Pet parents can bring their pets in for skin evaluations to address common problems.
- Ear infections – ear infections may be difficult to diagnose in pets. It is important that our veterinary staff evaluate the ears at each physical, and pet parents be proactive about monitoring their pet’s behavior and problems that may indicate an infection is present.
- Vomiting and diarrhea – when your pet is not acting as they should be, or is experiencing problems such as vomiting or diarrhea, it can be difficult to pinpoint what is wrong. By bringing your pet to an experienced veterinarian you can rest easy knowing that we will provide a thorough evaluation and discuss possible problems and solutions with you.
- Flea control – taking care of your pet also means being proactive about controlling pests such as fleas. We provide a variety of options for pet parents to consider to keep them free from fleas!
Why bring my pet to San Marco Animal Hospital?
At our practice, our staff is dedicated to helping pets and their families. We want your furry friend to be with you as long as possible, so we encourage you to maintain routine visits to monitor health over the years, and to diagnose problems early enough for successful intervention. We also enjoy building positive relationships with pet parents and their furry family members and want everyone to know that their family pet is in the right hands! We offer a wide selection of services in our state-of-the-art facility, and welcome new pets into our practice for the care they need and deserve!
Visit San Marco Animal Hospital for comprehensive care for your furry family members!
At San Marco Animal Hospital, Dr. Venkat Gutta and his team of professionals are here to help you keep your pets healthy and happy. We are dedicated to comprehensive, quality care in a variety of ways. No matter what your concern, we can assist! Call our practice today at 904-516-9767 and visit us at 1546 San Marco Boulevard to discuss ways in which you can take great care of your furry friends! We are conveniently located in Jacksonville, FL and serve clients in and around the area of San Marco.
Share this Article