Why vet care is important for your new puppy or kitten
There are more exciting times than when you add a new puppy or kitten to your family! It is a truly joyous time, but you likely also have questions about how to take care of your new pet and how to make the adjustment period as easy as possible on both your family and your new furry little one. At San Marco Animal Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida, we love welcoming new puppies and kittens to our veterinary family and providing the care they need for the healthiest start in life. In fact, we are so committed to helping your family start out on the right foot with your new pet that we offer a free first visit for new clients!
Why early vet care is important for puppies and kittens
Veterinary care will play an important role in all stages of your pet’s life. In your pet’s early days, vet care helps:
- Get your puppy or kitten familiar with the clinic and staff, so they are comfortable during future check-ups and visits.
- Create a vaccination schedule to help prevent illnesses in your puppy or kitten.
- Identify any potential health problems your pet may have, such as congenital issues or abnormalities.
- Answer any questions you have about how to take care of your pet. No question is silly – we are here to support you and give you the information you need about your pet’s nutrition, health, training, preventive care, and more.
- Provide you with additional resources or information as needed, such as recommendations for training based on your pet’s specific needs.
Caring for your pet throughout their life
As your puppy and kitten gets older, they still need routine veterinary care to ensure that they remain healthy. Regular vet checkups and vaccines will help prevent unnecessary illnesses and can help identify potential problems at their earliest stages when they are easiest to treat. Additionally, if your pet becomes sick or injured, having a vet that you can rely on can help ease the stress for both you and your pet during the diagnosis and treatment process.
To schedule your puppy or kitten’s first visit at San Marco Animal Hospital, call our Jacksonville, FL office today at 904-516-9767!