Pet Insurance: A Worthy Investment for Your Furry Friend
Part of your responsibility as a pet owner is making good decisions about your pet’s health. Pets need healthy food, regular exercise, and lots of love to live a high quality of life. They also need quality veterinary care. Pet insurance can help your pet obtain the best care when he needs it most. At Bluestar Pet Hospital & Grooming, your affordable animal hospital, we encourage pet owners in St. Johns, Florida, to consider pet insurance for their beloved pets. Pet insurance is like a safety net that can help protect your pet’s overall health.
Pet Insurance vs. Wellness Plans
Pet wellness plans have much to offer in helping pet owners manage the cost of veterinary care. You can often receive discounts on veterinary products and treatments through a wellness plan and pay for veterinary services in monthly installments to avoid derailing your budget. Wellness plans, however, are primarily designed to cover the costs of routine veterinary care, not accidental injuries or unexpected illnesses that may arise. That’s where pet insurance comes in.
Pet insurance helps cover the costs of diagnostics, medications, and treatment of unforeseen illnesses, injuries, or health conditions that may arise with your pet, such as:
- Broken bones from a car accident
- Open wounds and lacerations from animal fights
- Toxic ingestion
- Skin infections
- Cancer and more
Pet insurance can save you thousands of dollars in treating life-threatening emergencies or health conditions that may occur when you least expect it. If you need help choosing pet insurance coverage, our veterinarians and staff can guide you in selecting a plan that will meet your pet’s healthcare needs.
Why Pet Insurance is a Worthy Investment
Like people, pets face the risk of accidental injuries, unforeseen sickness, and life-threatening emergencies requiring immediate medical care. Pet insurance provides the financial means to pay for this care to help restore your pet’s health. Here are a few reasons to consider pet insurance coverage for your furry friend:
- With pet insurance, you can have confidence that your pet will get the treatment he needs when he needs it most. You won’t have to delay treatment or settle for substandard care. Pet insurance can help carry most of the financial load of your pet’s medical care for the unexpected.
- As your pet ages, they are more prone to getting sick or developing a health condition. Getting insurance coverage early when your pet is healthy can prepare you for the unforeseen. You can’t predict the future regarding your pet’s health, but you can be prepared.
- Pet insurance is affordable. There are numerous plans to choose from, and you can tailor your coverage to meet your pet’s needs. By researching your options, you can get quality coverage at a price well within your financial means.
To learn more about pet insurance and how it can benefit you and your pet, contact Bluestar Pet Hospital & Grooming at 904-399-5557 today.