Learn the Benefits of Microchipping Your Cat in Jacksonville, FL
Your pet is your companion, but they can also be curious about the world. Some pets are gone in a flash, being keen on exploration, and it can be nearly impossible sometimes to find a pet on your own once they’ve run away or gotten lost. Luckily, microchipping your pets is easy, affordable, and can help you keep track of your pet’s whereabouts, reducing their risk of staying lost or becoming harmed while out of your care.
The expert team at San Marco Animal Hospital can explain the process of having your pet microchipped, as well as any side effects. They will answer your questions and help you understand the benefits of microchipping, as well as anything else you’ll need to know.
Microchips are a popular solution to pets becoming lost. Microchips have the following benefits and more:
- Minimal discomfort – the injection is as quick and painless as a routine shot, as the device is tiny and injected using a single-use applicator.
- Safe and comfortable – these chips are biocompatible, meaning your pets are unlikely to have any reaction or adverse side effects, and the device will not degrade over time.
- Secure – the microchip ID number is only accessible by the manufacturer, so others will not be able to access your personal information.
- Affordable – microchipping is available at a low, one-time fee.
- High return rates – the return rate for microchipped cats is 20 times higher than those without it.
Running away or becoming lost is one of the primary causes of harm or risk to a pet. Also, many lost pets who may go unharmed will not find their way back to their owners, winding up in shelters or pounds. Microchipping is an affordable, effective method of keeping track of your pet, no matter what happens.
New Client Call
Existing Client Call
Secure your pet and rest easy by calling San Marco Animal Hospital to make an appointment for microchipping at 904-516-9767. We can answer all the questions you might have and talk you through the many benefits of securing your pet with a microchip.